Monday 6 September 2021

Pepper and water.

During our lockdown learning this task was all about science. We learnt about this really cool experiment with pepper, water, and dish washing liquid.

For this task me and my sister had to put water on the plate and sprinkle some pepper on the water. Then you put a tiny bit of dishwashing liquid on your finger, dip your finger into the water, and watch the magic! All the pepper should move to the side and there will be a big gap in the middle were there is no water. 

I enjoyed doing the experiment with my sister and watching all the pepper move to the side when your finger hits the water. The water monocles are strongly attracted together and when we add soap we break down this water tension and the water monocles quickly spread out carrying the pepper with it. If you add less pepper it's able to spread out even further. Here's a link that takes you to youtube so you can learn about the experiment and maybe try it out at home.









2 comments:

  1. Morena Molly,

    I really admired reading your thoughtfully written quality blog post. I thought you explained how the water tension is broken from the dishwashing liquid really well. Next time you could have a go at trying to take a video from us to watch. Have you ever done this experiment before?

    Ngā mihi,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Miss Hickling,
    No, I have never done that experiment before then, I didn't even know it existed! Have you tried doing the experiment? If you have, then did it work?
    Nga mihi,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.