Monday 23 August 2021

Amazing facts about dolpins.

This week for our lockdown learn, create, share in reading we had to choose out of a number of animals to write 5 facts or create a food chain including that animal or create a google drawing poster about that animal. The animal that I chose was dolphins and I decided to write a 5 fact poster on google slides. What's your favourite animal? Mine is an octopus.

For this task I typed out 5 facts that I researched in digital books and videos and typed them in my own words in a textbox in google slides. 

I enjoyed choosing the images on the slide and researching the facts. I found it difficult to find the 5th fact because the researching that I did had lots of facts and it was difficult to choose a 5th fact and put it in my own words.

Did you know that bottlenose dolphins have 70 - 140 teeth??!! That is a lot of teeth. And did you know that they only have one set of teeth their whole lives? And they live about 40 years, which means that they have the same teeth for 40 years. Here's a link to see 5 fun facts about dolphins. And here's a link to a video that transports you to youtube to watch it and learn more about dolphins. Here's a link to see super senses and how dolphins navigate to find objects under water.


4 comments:

  1. Morena Molly,

    What a well crafted quality blog post you have written. Ka pai. I really enjoyed reading the facts on your digital learning object and I to did not know that dolphins have the same teeth their whole life! Crazy. Why is an octopus your favourite animal. Did you know octopus is eaten in some countries?

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Miss Hickling,
    I don't really know why an octopus is my animal. Maybe because it's small and can camoflage into anything. What's your favourite animal? You already know mine.
    Ma te wa,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way they camouflage is pretty amazing right. My favourite animal is a llama or alpaca. I just think they're really funny looking animals.

      Delete
  3. Hi Molly,
    Great report Molly, I didn't know dolphins have the same teeth for all their lives.
    I have enjoyed looking at all your blogs.
    Great work.
    Mrs McCormack

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.