Wednesday 25 August 2021

Fizz inflator!

 Today for our lockdown learning one of our tasks was to create a science experiment. Me and my mum did the task because our teacher said it would be really fun and it was. I really liked the part when the balloon started filling up. But if it filled up to much then it would pop.

For this task we had to fill a bottle with a tiny bit of vinegar and then use a funnel and attach the funnel to the balloon and fill it - not all the way - with baking soda and then attach the balloon to the plastic bottle, tip the balloon so the baking soda is falling into the vinegar, and then watch it rise!

I enjoyed doing the experiment and watching the balloon rise. I found it difficult to know when to stop the balloon from filling up so it wouldn't pop. I think the amount the balloon rises can be controlled by the amount of vinegar and baking soda is put into it. I dont think the size of the bottle affects how much the ballon fills, I think it only affects the amount of time it takes to fill the balloon because if the bottle is bigger it will take a longer amount of time because of the height and if the bottle is smaller than it would take a shorter amount of time. Here's a link to see the site that I got the experiment instructions from, theres also a video on it that you can watch.  






1 comment:

  1. Morena Molly,

    Wow! I think your balloon is the most filled I have seen out of all the videos. I really enjoyed reading your quality blog post as you explained your answers to the questions critically. The images are a great visual also. How many times did you do the experiment?

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.