Tuesday 6 July 2021

Learning about New Zealand sign language!

 Kia ora bloggers! A few weeks ago for NZSL (New Zealand sign language) week we did a video on screen castify and we did our names in sign language we started with my name and then we did the letters of our name. For example my name would be M - O - L - L - Y but in NZSL. You can use the screenshot below to do your own name in sign language. I uploaded my video of me doing my name in sign language and I did a greeting at the start. 

I enjoyed doing kia ora nice meet you in NZSL.(There is no "to" in New Zealand sign language). I found it difficult to upload the video and do it so you can see what I'm doing with my hands. Next time I would change were I'm sitting because were I was sitting it was very windy. I liked making my video on screencastify, and me and 2 of my friends - Irelyn and Alexis - tried to do the video together and our names one after the other but we couldn't do it because we kept being silly so we had to go off on our own and to do it, but we all ended up sitting in the same place at the same time doing our video. I took a screenshot of the NZSL alphabet because our teacher Miss Hickling told us to make a separate video of us doing the alphabet in NZSL but I didn't have time so I just took the screenshot so you would be able to see what your supposed to do for your name. I hope you like it.


 



  














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.