Monday 5 July 2021

Mini golf mesurement!

Kia ora bloggers! This week for maths my class was working on mesurement for our learn create share so Miss Hickling told us to watch a video and make our own mini golf course on our cromebooks and then we had to measure the perimeter - say it like this, per-i-miter - and then the area. To make the golf course you used the green transparent sheets on the side and added in the obstacles, also on the side. Heres a link to the video that we watched to learn about area and perimeter. The video is sort of like a rap and its was really good and I think you should watch it. I enjoyed making the mini golf course and adding in all of the obstacles. I found it difficult to find the area and the par. Par is how many hits it will take to get to the hole and the flag. Have you ever played mini golf?? I haven't, so I didn't know about the par bit until I asked my friend about it and she told me what it meant because I think that she knew about or played mini golf. Have you ever learned about area or perimeter? Or maybe mini golf? Area means all the squares on the course and perimeter means the alll the mesurement added together. Miss Hickling put in directions and an example on the side but you won't be able to see it because it was of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.