Monday 5 July 2021

How the human body works.

Tena koutou! - Hello in maori - Last week for writing my class were doing explaination writing. We got to chose what topic we wanted so I chose the human body. It was a bit difficult to come up witha topic because I couldn't thhink of anything but then I thought of the human body and that is how this piece of writing came to be. Do you want to know something interesting? Heres a fact about brains, did you know that if you flattened out all the wrinkles in your brain then you will have a pillowcase sized brain? In my piece of writing you will find out about lots cool interesting stuff like, an eyelash lives for about 150 days before it falls out. Heres a link to see the kidz search website and search up anything you like. If the link takes you to the wrong place then click the link on that page that has on it https://www.kidzsearch.com/ and you will get be able to get onto kidz search. On kidz search just search just type up the topic you want to search and it will show what it has for your topic.  

I enjoyed researching my topic and writing about all the interesting things about the human body and what it can do. I found it diificult to put my research into words because I had a lot of research and not that much space left in my writing book. Next time I would change the order of paragraghs and maybe my topic. I hope you enjoy this piece of writing and think that its worth reading because it is really good. Don't beleive me? Read it for yourself and see.

How the human body works.

Do you know about the human body? Or how brains develop? This piece of writing will tell you all you ever wanted to know about about the human body.

Firstly, I'm going to tell you about facial features. Did you know your eyes blink around 20 times a minute? And that your ears never stop growing? You will learn a lot about your facial features in this paragraph. Your eyelash lives for about 150 days until it falls out, and that humans are the only animal with chins. Blushing is caused by a rush of adrenaline and a newborn baby sees the world upside down until its brain starts erecting it.


Now  I'm going to tell you about brains. Did you know that about 75% of the brain is made up of water? Or that the adult brain weighs about 3 pounds? The human brain will triple its size in the first year of life, and that short term memory only lasts 20 - 30 seconds. The brain can't feel pain and a brain freeze is really a warning signal. The human brain gets smaller as we get older and alcohol affects your brain in ways that include blurred vision, slurred speaking, unsteady walk and more. Your brain is a random thought generator. And that your brain is mostly fat.


Now I'm going to tell you about the inside of your body. Your left and right lung are not the same, your left lung is split into 2 parts 2 parts and right lung is divided into 3. In a year your heart pumps enough blood to full an olympic sized swimming pool. Your heart beats around 100,000 times a day and 365,000,000 times a year. You can't breathe and swallow at the same time and you have around 10 thousand taste buds on your tongue, in general girls have more tastebuds than boys.


Now you know about the human body and why it is amazing. You know about facial features, your brain, and the inside of your body. You also know what it does to be useful and keep you alive.

By Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.