Friday 14 May 2021

Have you ever wanted to make a cool Mothers Day card? Now you can!

On a Sunday every year its Mothers Day!!!!!!                                                                                               So in class we have been working on Mothers Day cards. To make the cards we we started with cutting out a heart shaped piece of paper and traced it on a black A4 size of paper. When we finished tracing we got a skewer and started poking holes in the heart that we traced on the A4 black paper. When we had finished doing that we got 2 arms lenghths of yarn and taped a end of the yarn to the end of the skewer and thread the skewer through the bottom hole then pulled it up to the hole at the top then thread it through the hole next to it, then pull the yarn down so you have it going across each other and so on, until you get to the end. But if you run out of thread while your making it don't panic, just cut of the end and tie a knot and then add more thread to the end of the skewer and start where you left of.

I enjoyed writing on the white piece of paper we stuck in the card that we used to write on and decorating the border that I created with a ruler. I also enjoyed doing the heart out of yarn. It was easy once you got the hang of it.

I found it difficult to poke the holes in the heart traced drawing because I ripped some bits in the inside. It still worked though.

Next time I would change the colouring and the patterns on my white card border.

On the day we took the pictures it was jammies for June so we were in our PJs. I was in my dressing gown.

I hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.