Friday 11 June 2021

Tropical Island Breeze

For the past week or so we have been learning about descriptive writing. Miss Hickling - my teacher - said that we had to write about a tropical island picture that she had on her computer. I decided that my writing would be called Tropical island breeze!. 

I enjoyed writing about what it looked like and what it would smell like if I was really there. I wished that I was there for real because it would be much easier to see, smell, hear, and feel if was really there.

I found it difficult to describe what I could feel because there wasn't that many things to feel that were shown in the picture but the only thing that was there was the sand so I decided that I would do that as a part of the feel bit.

Next I would change what I could feel, hear, and see and maybe how I wrote the writing because there isn't that much detail and I think I could add more.

Our digital learning object is to write descriptive writing.

I hope you enjoy it!

Tropical island breeze!

Tropical island.


















The lovely smell of the salty sea water, hanging around in the fresh island breeze. There is also the smell of the sandy floor on the islands. The tropical island smell is the best smell ever!

You can see glossy green palm trees swaying in the wind, and crystal clear warm salty marine water. Jagged mountain tops and a boat slowly trailing through water.

Birds happily chirping is a sound you will be hearing a lot. Leaves rustling in the breeze, and waves lapping against the side of the mountain and the islands.

You feel clear aqua-marine water slipping through your fingertips when you have your hand in the water. The sandy beach under your feet tingling your toes, the leaves on the coconut trees blowing in the wind. Driftwood slowly drifting through water and dancing in the waves, the warmth of the air against your skin giving you a joyful tingling feeling filling you with happiness.

The taste of the salty sea air is a surprise to people arriving for the first time. The salty taste of leaves as they hit your mouth tastes terrible, like salt, water, and leaves all together.

A tropical island is the best place to be!!

By:Molly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.